Home » About Us » Organisational Structure & Roles » General Directorate » National Directorate Of Methodology data Collection Print Page
National Directorate Of Methodology data Collection
The National Directorate of Methodology and Data Collection, NDMDC for short, has the following tasks:
- Establish and maintain systems, standard operating procedures, records management and quality control for the National Directorate, in line with the law and customer service standards.
- Lead and manage the National Directorate’s contribution to DGS planning, reporting and organisational performance management and risk management processes.
- Develop procedures and rules for the collecting and managing statistical data in accordance with International best practice.
- Develop annual plans for the planned key surveys (TL Demographic Health survey 2016, Business Activity Survey 2016, Civil Registration and vital statistics, Labour survey, TLS Survey).
- Manage and monitor all activities of the data collection cycle, including broad statistical frameworks, classifications, standards and concepts.
- Conduct an assessment of the collection methods and instruments and monitor their cost and resource implications.
- Evaluate and improve current systems, processes and procedures to maintain or improve the quality of data produced and identify associated efficiencies.
- Coordinate with the Secretariats to run workshops and pilot the methodology and data collection process.
Profile:Directorate of Methodology and Data Collection
Define the method, sampling strategy of census and survey;
Develop the key data items, quality constraints, end use of the data, levels of disaggregation and editing methods.
Develop the collection content (i.e. topics, data items, variable descript ...
Ensure data is collected in compliance with data quality framework and other quality initiatives.
Implement best practice principles for data quality in collection management and continuous statistical improvement.
Assess the impact of work on upstr ...
Analyse statistical raw data in compliance with the privacy law and standards.
Provide administrative statistical data from Line Ministries to DN Systems and reports.
Research best practice data quality frameworks and other quality initiatives and r ...