Home » Announcements» Project to Strengthen national capacity in producing and dissemination vital statistics from civil registration record in Asia the pacific, that co organized by a partnership UNESCAP. Print Page
9th January, 2017 – 13th January, 2017, The Purpose of Visit To participate in “Project to Strengthen national capacity in producing and dissemination vital statistics from civil registration record in Asia the pacific , that co organized by a partnership UNESCAP, at UNESCAP Bangkok, Thailand.
This project by ESCAP to support member States in strengthening their capacity to produce and disseminate vital statistics on the basis of civil registration records. More specifically, between December 2016 and March 2017, ESCAP in collaboration with the Bloomberg Data for Health Initiative (D4H) is implementing one phase of Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) Project to support selected countries, through two workshops and follow-up technical guidance, in designing and implementing country plans to process and analyses data from civil registration records, leading to the drafting and completion of national vital statistics reports.
1. To improve national capacity to use the existing civil registration records for statistical purposes.
2. Commitment to accelerate and focus the efforts of governments and development partners to achieve universal and responsive CRVS systems in all Asian and Pacific countries by 2024.
As a result of the Workshop, all participants will be able to:
1. Establish of country project team and informing ESCAP of the project team composition.
2. Completing data processing with documentation and providing to ESCAP to draft data analysis plan, data files.
3. After First workshop follow-up to conduct further analysis and drafting Second workshop with a focus on completing the report and dissemination plan.
4. Finalization of report and dissemination.