Report on Governing Council Meeting and The Statistical Committee Meeting for Asia and the pacific, United Nations conference Centre (UNCC).
Bangkok, 12-16 December 2016, Report on Governing Council Meeting and The Statistical Committee Meeting for Asia and the pacific, United Nations conference Centre (UNCC) in Bangkok. Representing Timor-Leste National Statistics Offices to the important event, represent by;
1. Mr. Elias Dos Santos Ferreira (Director General)
2. Mr. Cesar Melito Dos S. Martins (DGE-SDGs focal point)
As leaders of the national statistical systems in the ESCAP region, certainly attest to the unprecedented level of emphasis placed on data and statistics in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goals. Achieving the 2030 Agenda will require high-quality data which is accessible, timely, reliable and disaggregated by income, sex, age, race, ethnicity, migration status, disability and geographic location. However, as you are all aware, of the 230 unique indicators in the global SDG framework, we only have data on less than 100 indicators. Even more worrisome, due to limited country coverage and availability of data over time, regional trends can only be estimated for 60 of the 230 SDG indicators.
1. Support high-level dialogues between producers and Government users of SDGs statistics and other stakeholders.
2. Provide technical assistance to national statistical systems to enable them to set priorities for SDG monitoring.
3. Provide training to develop staff skills in national statistical systems in leadership, management and technical areas.
4. Provide training to develop staff skills in national statistical systems in leadership, management and technical areas.
5. The meeting is discussing the organization of work and the key elements and principles for the development and design of the indicator framework for the post-2015 development agenda.