Home » About Us » Organisational Structure & Roles » General Directorate » National Directorate Of Statistics Economy and Social Print Page
National Directorate Of Statistics Economy and Social
The National Directorate of Economical and Social Statistics, NDESS for short, has the following tasks:
- Develop and maintain systems, SOPs, records management and quality control for the National Directorate, in line with the law and customer service standards.
- Lead and manage the National Directorate’s contribution to DGE planning, reporting, performance management and risk management processes.
- Develop procedures and rules for the collecting and managing primary and secondary statistical data to compile National Accounts and Trade in accordance with International best practice.
- Develop annual plans for the planned key surveys (International Trade and Hotels Survey, Business Activity Survey 2016, monthly Consumer Price Index).
- Manage and monitor all activities of the data collection cycle, including broad statistical frameworks, classifications, standards and concepts.
- Monitor the implementation of collection methods and instruments provided by DN Methodology and Data collection to ensure efficiency in data collection.
- Evaluate and improve the quality and validity of the National Accounts and reports of CPI, BAS, International (Export and Import) Trade and Hotels Statistics produced.
- Coordinate the analysis and production of quarterly booklets to disseminate and socialise key economic statistics that have significant impact on the future economy of Timor Leste.
- Coordinate with CPLP countries to receive statistical information and guidelines of ISIC Timor-Leste and COICOP Timor-Leste for CPLP.
⇒ Profile: Economic and Social Statistics Directorate
Conduct socio-economic household surveys, analyse data and draft reports.
Conduct data collection, analysis and draft of reports on socio-economic surveys of municipalities, Sucos and different population groups.
Evaluate the quality of population ...
Maintain productive and professional relationships with private and public sector customers to collect and produce national accounts and balance of payments based on International standards.
Compile National Account (Yearly Accounts, Quarterly and M ...
Coordinate with DN Methodology and Data Collection to develop statistical frameworks and indicators to conduct economic surveys and related topics.
Conduct data collection, analysis and draft of reports on labor force survey, employment, business ...