Home » About Us » Organisational Structure & Roles » General Directorate » National Directorate Of Statistics Economy and Social » Department of Economic Statistics Print Page
Department of Economic Statistics
- Coordinate with DN Methodology and Data Collection to develop statistical frameworks and indicators to conduct economic surveys and related topics.
- Conduct data collection, analysis and draft of reports on labor force survey, employment, business and industry surveys.
- Evaluate the quality of economic statistics and develop proposals for their improvement.
- Extract and analyse data on economic and related topics and prepare the results for publication or presentation at seminars/conferences.
- Prepare background papers for official reviews of economic Statistics and consult with users on their requirements.
- Evaluate and validate data on economic statistics and related topics from surveys and administrative collections.
- Determine user needs and ensure these are met, either using current statistical series or via the development of new collections.
- Monitor developments in international and regional practice related to the economic statistics.
- Running Strategic surveys for diversification of economic of the country (Agriculture Census and Tourism surveys).
- Work with CPLP countries to receive statistical information and guidelines of ISIC Timor-Leste and COICOP Timor-Leste
⇒ Profile: Department of Economic Statistics